SCBC releases a new mobile app SCBC News, for reporting Top Stories and Breaking News in Ambazonia and the world.
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Bookmarks is a feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your category, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find content and topics that interest you using the Search. Choose from the familiar list of SCBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the SCBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live SCBC News channel, up-to-the-minute reports available 24-hours a day
- Read the best journalism from SCBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio catch up
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for breaking news stories
- Video over 3G and wifi
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Home screen widgets. Configurable to reflect your choice of topics, resizable to suit your screen layout and stylable to view as a headline or list widget
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored on behalf of the SCBC to provide you with the service.
SCBC Tech Team